in Civil Law
Asked September 14, 2017

Change of address post marriage but surname retained

  • 1 Answer

Hi, I got married recently and got relocated. I need to change my address in my documents, however I wish to keep my maiden surname post marriage as well. but the aadhar center people suggested to change the name so that it won't complicate in future. Could you please advise what is the procedure to change address on official document and retain the maiden name.

Answer 1


There is absolutely no need for you to change your surname in the documents.

If you wish to change your address in AADHAR card then simple go to the UDAI website and go to Update Adhar details (Online) Tool where you will get option of changing address. A list of documents is mentioned which you will upload to show as proof of change.

Each document has a different procedure for address change but it will all be mentioned on their website or user manual.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.