Nayan Naik
Asked February 05, 2017

Cheated by partner

  • 3 Answers

I was cheated by my partner, please suggest remedy.

Answers 3

Please be free to contact then we can discuss in detail.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

That's a very brief statement. You were cheated by which partner? Business Partner? Relationship Partner? Please elaborate.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

You have been cheated and can file a criminal complaint against the person concerned.

Under IPC your remedy is under following sections:

Section 415

Section 415 in The Indian Penal Code

415. Cheating.—Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any proper­ty to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”. Explanation.—A dishonest concealment of facts is a deception within the meaning of this section.

Section 420 in The Indian Penal Code

420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.