in Civil Law Criminal Law
Asked October 30, 2017

Company not paying salary

  • 3 Answers

I worked for a company for 1 year on contract basis. But till date company has not paid me last 2 months salary, which amounts for nearly Rs. 40000/-. This company is registered in London, UK and conducts it's operations from their Mumbai (Andheri) office. The contract agreement between the company and me is done on Company's Letter Head only. I have in my possession all the receipts of the salary paid for initial 10 months, as the payment is made online. More over in an email communication the Company Director (Accounts Head) have agreed and promised to pay the dues. But 7 months have passed and he is not willing to pay my dues and just want to pass the time. Will sending a legal notice solve this issue? Should I send them written letter via post or email communication will be enough as evidence?

Answers 3

Yes, serving a legal notice might help, though it is advisable that you visit the office and try resolve things amicably first. An email notice should suffice, though you ask for a written acknowledgement, and if not, send through registered post as well. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Dear Client, 

You can file a criminal case against the company and its representative in the respective court of law for not paying your salary. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Above opinion may be followed. Further it being a MNC, it appears to me they may not budge with your legal notice. However it is a pre condition to issue legal notice before filing any Civil Suit. You will succeed in getting the amount if you file Civil Suit 15 days after issuing legal notice.

Draft petition/legal notice will be prepared by me on payment of professional nominal fees, you may approach managament of this website for further details. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.