Vikram Madhukar Palkar
Asked July 12, 2016

Compensation for Road Widening by Municipal Body

  • 1 Answer

My shop was demolished for Road widening on 24th July 2014. from that moment to till we are fighting for compensation.

In May 2016 government allocated flat. But the BMC is not entertaining properly. Now they are not giving key of that flat. Help Me.

Answer 1

I totally understand your concern and the problem faced by you and your family, I would suggest you to meet the head of the department and try to solve the issue if that person also doesn’t helps you or doesn’t entertains you, you should file a case against BMC for not performing their duty and along with causing mental harassment to you and your family for the problem you are facing since last 2 years.

You can even approach the high court (under article 227) or the Supreme Court (under article 32) for issuing the writ of mandamus.

Writ of mandamus means we command. It is a judicial remedy in the form of an order from a superior court to any government subordinate court, corporation or public authority (Such as BMC) to do some specific act which they are obliged to do and which is in nature of public duty.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.