Himanshu Agarwal
Asked December 06, 2016

Consumer case against builder

  • 3 Answers

I'm looking forward to file a case in consumer Court in Noida against my builder, where should i start?

Answers 3

call national consumer helpline or consult a lawyer in person.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

First of all  full facts of the matter are to be examined by a lawyer and then file consumer case within the jurisdiction where the registered office of the company is situated. 

You may contact me for any clarification and or legal help if you so desire. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

To file a consumer complaint, there are certain things must be taken into consideration. A person can file a complaint by himself/herself, need of an advocate is not required. The person must also present the name, description and details of the facts and circumstances of the complaint. The Act also mentions the limitation period of two years from the date of the cause of action, therefore in case of any delay, reasons must be stated for it. The complainant must also mention the name, description and other details of the party against whom the claim is likely to sort. The complainant is also required to send the relevant documents supporting the claims. The affidavit is also required to be filed stating the facts presented are true and correct. At least 5 copies of the complaint need to be filed through the registered post. Also, required fee needs to be submitted.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.