Abhishek Harshvardhana
in Criminal Law
Asked July 27, 2017

Criminal record after false case

  • 2 Answers

A false case was put on me and was forced to do the compromise and I was 17yrs that time and still the police officer told me to say in the court that my age was 20, I refused but they told me that it was only option left as FIR was filed against me under IPC 337 which was settled in lok adalat . So I wanted to ask am I having a criminal record now?

Answers 2

If the matter is settled in lok aladat, then yes it is now mentioned in your criminal history. Only if a person gets acquitted or discharge, then only it doesnt add to his crmiminal record.

But in case of need you can always justify it.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Sir the Lok Adalat has the power equal to civil court and its decrees hold a strong legal binding. Thus, its orders with reflect on the legal history of a recipient. Nonetheless as your case was a compromise and you were a minor, implications of the decree will be negligible and you have nothing to worry.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.