in Procedural Law Contracts Law Civil Procedure Law Property Law
Asked June 27, 2021

Different name of parent in official and legal documents

  • 1 Answer

During my school days, my father has two names one is Venkata Reddy and second one is Venkateswara Reddy in my village, I do remember he has two voter ids as well in that time, later removed one having name Venkateswara Reddy of course. The school teacher who took my admission knows that my father name is Venkateswara Reddy hence she wrote my father name as Venkateswara Reddy, this info was not known to my father even to me as well, till 7th class. After my 7th class exams, I tried to write Navodaya school admission test for 8th class. Then we had received one exam letter from school with my father name as Venkateswara Reddy, my maternal uncle found this and asked him but he refused to change and told that 7th class exams were already completed and father name was already sent to board and there was no way to change like that. Hence, I haven't tried to change my father name on that time onward. Now my father name is appeared as Venkateswara Reddy in all my official documents like SSC, Inter, Degree, PAN, Passport, Aadhaar etc. I got 3 acres land as my share from my father in my village and received land passbook as well but in the land passbook my father name is appeared as Venkata Reddy and my current Aadhaar is also linked in the portal. My father's land passbook contains his name as Venkata Reddy and even my elder brother land passbook contains father name as Venkata Reddy. In this situation, do I get any problems in the future or is there any way to change my father name in land passbook since my other all documents appearing as Venkateswara Reddy. Please provide good suggestion.

Answer 1

You don't need to worry too much about the small discrepancy of your father's name being different in different documents. This is especially because other details of yourself and your father are bound to be the same and compatible in all documents. But for uniformity and safety, if you do want to change your father's name in the land passbook, you can do so by visiting the Patwari or the RDO office with all necessary documents like Aadhaar, PAN, Passport and so on. You can also apply for correction online. There are separate portals for different states in India but some states don't have provisions to apply online. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 1 year ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.