Asked August 06, 2016

DV complaint procedure

  • 2 Answers

I filed a case for DV and attempt to murder against my husband and his family members. The Court awarded punishment only for DV and not for attempt to murder. My husband accepted that he tried to kill his wife and that he had taken dowry also. He was arrested and granted bail. His parents were not arrested but they are the one who instigated the husband. Can I ask the Court to reopen the case and arrest my on-laws. It has been two months since the case was filed.

Answers 2

There are Multiple option available to you ,

See every case has its own merits and circumstances but everything depends how well the case is presented and twisted and get you the perfect remedy..

Criminal case can be registered and he can be punished for the same, 

I assure there is nothing to be afraid against and we can take many steps which will safeguard your future, mental trauma etc from many hurdles.

And the Husband will be punished and will  have to severe legal consequences 

Please be free to contact then we can discuss in details.


Advocate Ashok Yadav {B.M.S., LLB (Mumbai) LLM –London(UK),}




Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

In August, 2014, Supreme Court can clearly stated that a magistrate will be in his power to order fresh investigation or reopn a case on protest petition. however the court has not given any clear cut parameters which will tell under what circumstances a case can be reopend. I would suggest that u/s 200 of Criminal Procedure Code, you make a complaint to the magistrate that a gross misjustice has been done by ignoring the contention of attempt of muderder(S.307 of Indian Penal Code), despite him accepting the allegation. The husband and his in-laws should be punished for the same. your in-laws will be punished with the same punishment as defined u/s 307, irrespective of the fact that they were just the abettors.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.