Mahesh Boggulla
in Civil Law Civil Procedure Law Property Law
Asked October 20, 2017

Encroachment on the land

  • 2 Answers

A person, intentionally buillt a property in our 60*40 plot. We field a case against him and my lawyer isn't that good enough to represent. On our plot document, north side is govt road, which is in our layout copy. The person who contracted ground flor on his document east side is govt road, when we use compas for the direction road is in north side. Is this will help to our case or we need to collect more evidence. Thanks

Answers 2

first go and lodged the fir aginst him.. it will work as strong evidence.... take your sale deed of plot and file a suit of ejectment in civil court against him

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

First of all, you need to check with the government records, as the Registry currently shows. As per your version of the facts, you have the original documents of the land, which show the direction and adjacent areas correctly. While it might be considered as a piece of evidence, however, it is not conclusive proof to point towards ownership of the land. There have been previous instances of incorrect entry of ancillary details in such documents. However, ,you should ask your lawyer to highlight this discrepancy to the court. Second, try and find some other details which would be in addition to the above mentioned one. One of these can be proof of how the property was transferred to you in the first place. If the other party challenges that, then he will have to show how he has legally acquired the land. The documents which would prove legal transfer of ownership over the property to you would be a major evidence in proving your point. Since you have not mentioned the kind of area your plot is located in –whether rural or urban, you can find below two links to online Central government land records which chiefly deal with rural areas. Sources:    Transfer of Property Act, 1882

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.