Siddharth Patjoshi
in Contracts Law Civil Law
Asked December 15, 2017

Failure to return security deposit

  • 2 Answers

I along with my partner had set up a partnership firm in Bangalore to run the franchisee of a courier company. The name of the courier company is Red Box Air Asia PTE Ltd. We had deposited security deposit of Rs 25 lacs for getting the franchisee.When we did not receive any support to run the business, we decided to close the business. But the Courier Company had shut its business in India and not making payment of the security deposit of 25 lacs. Kindly advise. Regards

Answers 2

1. you must take the issue very serious.

2. you get issue legal notice immediately and file complaint with police and Embassy of  that Country.

3. For effective legal suggestions please visit my office in Bengalore.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

You can file a suit for recover of the said 25 lakhs, i am very sure as it was a franchisee the said amount must have come clearly in a franchisee agreement executed between you and the said company, therefore, if an agreemebt is there you can also file a summary recovery suit which is much quicker that the regular recovery suit. Moreover, if the facts and circumstances permit you can futher file a criminal case/fir against the company for cheating and criminal breach of trust. 

For more detailed information you can contact me or any lawyer who would guide you at your case

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.