in Family Law
Asked June 04, 2018

False allegation of kidnapping by wife

  • 5 Answers

I m 50 year old. A court case is in progress between me and my wife for compansation since last four years. Me and my wife belongs to different states. The court case is in progress in her home state. She has been at her parrental home since last four years. Now a police official of her state called me on phone to apear in the police station claiming that i have threetend my wife for kidnaping even there is no contact between me and her since last four year. Should i go to that police station. There is not any notice in written.

Answers 5

Dear Sir,

Please get search online if available or through your friend get enquire if there is any FIR if it there then approach the High Court and get it stayed. Otherwise not need to go. Ask the police office to WattsApp the FIR or complaint copy.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Dear Sir,

First see whether any FIR is registered if not then you need not go there. Secondly if FIR is there then

Get anticipatory bail and challenge the FIR before High Court by filing 482 petition.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

you need not to go there till you get anything in writing, further, if you think, you should go or police can reach you, to avoid and face any such circumstances, you should engage a lawyer to help you in such scenario.

for further information/clarification call/mail me

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago


If you have not received any notice from police station there is no need of going to police station. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Sir, You need not to go police station because the case is already in the court. If the police people are still harras you, can file a petition in the court and states that the entire episode

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 2 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.