Varun Mahadkar
in Civil Law
Asked May 11, 2017

Friend not paid money

  • 2 Answers

Hello, I have a friend who owes me around 1.5 lac and hasn't paid it now for 4 years. Can you please help? The number I have provided is my dad's India number. However, I am in UK now and my contact number is +447942847973. Please provide me your contact number if you want me to call you. Regards, Varun Mahadkar

Answers 2

There is no solution through phone. However if you have documents having paid the amount to your friend then execute a power of attonery in the name of your friend in India and ask him to pursue the matter.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

You can file a case of cheating against your friend under section 420 Indian Penal Code 1860. Since this will be criminal case you should have evidence to prove that he took loan and is not returning. Alternatively if you had any agreement with him which he has breached you can go for civil remedy.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.