in Criminal Law
Asked May 18, 2017

Friend took loan and not returning

  • 1 Answer

I gave my friend 5 lakh rupess in total last year. I deposited by cash in his bank account but now he is not returning after many tries. How I can proceed legally against him?

Answer 1

Your friend has cheated you and you can file a case of cheating against him. Since it is a criminal case please ensure you have enough evidence to prove your case. You can complaint under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860

Section 420 in The Indian Penal Code

420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.