Syed Azharuddin
Asked November 06, 2016

Government job in place of father

  • 2 Answers

Dear sir I want to ask can I get my father's job who died in the year 1985, he was a government employee and died during his service,I was just four months old in the year 1985.

Answers 2

You have not mentioned other particulars as to whether or not there were other adult members at the time of father's death. 

Be as that it may, supreme court, now has settled that job on compassionate ground is not a matter of right.  Secondly, you were a major in 2003.  After that 13 years have passed.  Though serious latches are involved, but there is nothing wrong in trying if no other member had earlier attempted and/or succeeded.

Vishwa Bhushan Arya

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

The Government of India has set reservations for kin of former government servants to

vacant posts. This came to be known as Compassionate Appointment. The government has

laid down elaborate guidelines for compassionate appointment of people. It mandates

fulfilment of certain criteria such as adequate qualification and requires posts being vacant

for more than 6 months to be eligible to filled by compassionate appointment.

Therefore, if you are duly qualified and essentials under compassionate appointment have

been complied with, you can be appointed to your father’s position.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.