in Civil Law Criminal Law
Asked October 06, 2017

Harassment by Complany's employee

  • 1 Answer

dear sir i work as a prepaid distributor in idea from last 5 years.last 8 months company employee harras me.monthly target make 500% extra iwas totaly upset so i stop working 20 days ago.monthly income is 30000 from idea last reports.please help what action i do

Answer 1

First of all, you can file a complaint with the Labour Commissionerate at the regional Labour Commission office under the respective State Government. Inform them about the details of the harassment that you had to face, more elaborately than as mentioned above. There is no direct labour law regulating the upper limit of targets that can be fixed. However, there are laws which regulate the maximum work hours of an employee. Setting an almost impossible target, would indirectly lead to working beyond feasible hours. Therefore, it is a valid ground on which the labour Commission will take due action against the employer. Even if it is mentioned in your employment contract that you will have to meet a target as high as 500%, there is scope that the unreasonable clause of the contract will be set aside considering the unequal bargaining power an individual employee has in contrast with an organization as well-established as Idea Cellular.

The following is the link to the regional offices of the Chief Labour Commissioner, under the Central Government, which can simultaneously be approached:


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.