Aaron Noronha
Asked February 22, 2017

Is Trade Licence Mandatory?

  • 1 Answer

I want to commence fish business in south canara,hassan and chickmaglur district's, how can I get a trade licence .whether its mandatory.

Answer 1

Trade License is a certificate/document which grants us the permission to carry on the particular trade or business for which it is issued. Yes, you will have to apply for a trade licence.

To apply for Trade License online, visit http://www.mrc.gov.in/TradeLicense/login or go to website http://www.mrc.gov.in and click on the “Citizen Online Services” tab on the left hand side, then click on the “Vyapar” link. You can also submit manually filled application form along with documents mentioned below to the Urban Local Body concerned [1]:

Latest Tax paid receipt

Proof of Ownership / Rent Agreement

Wherever applicable :-

Sketch of premises


Electricity Bill

Supporting documents for Modification/Cancellation

Online application generates acknowledgement and for manually submitted application the Urban Local Body (ULB) issues system generated acknowledgement. You will be updated about the status of your application through SMS as well.

Health Section official verifies documents and records and forward application to Commissioner/ Municipal Commissioner / Chief Officer.

The Commissioner/ Municipal Commissioner / Chief Officer approves / rejects application and if application is approved you will receive a message to pay the required fee. If your application is rejected, the same will be communicated to you through SMS.

Digitally signed Trade license will automatically be forwarded to your email ID. You can download the Trade license at any time through online application. You can collect the digitally signed Trade License at ULBs if you have not given your email id in your application.


[1] http://www.mrc.gov.in/TradeLicense/SOP.pdf

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.