Velusamy Subbiah
Asked October 06, 2016

Land grabbing case

  • 1 Answer

Dear Sir/Madame, please note that theI purchased a land in chennai another person occupied and changed the survey no and created document i approached court twice and finally i reached CHEENAI POLICE COMMISSIONER OFFICE , WHO ALSO INFORMED that ,to approach court the above subject can not be investigated by the Anti -land grabbing cell of tamil nadu ? kindly advice thanks

Answer 1

Default avatar
Ayushi Singhal

Yes, the subject cannot be investigated by the anti land-grabbing cell of Tamil Nadu. This is because these cells have been declared unconstitutional as their jurisdiction has not been clearly defined, which might lead to them being empowered with unrestricted power/discretion (R. Thamaraiselvan v. Govt. Of TN, 2015 Scc Online Mad 2089). As pointed out by the police commissioner, you should approach the ordinary civil/criminal courts for this purpose.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.