in Criminal Law Family Law
Asked July 19, 2017

Minor girl ran away with major boy and got married

  • 1 Answer

My friend's sister is a minor and she ran away with a person who is a major and soon after a missing complaint was filed in the local police station and later it came to his knowledge that she is with a person and have got married,so soon after a kidnapping case was registered but till date its been 7 months but there is no progress regarding the case as the police authority are doing nothing to bring her back...she is just 15? What should I do now?

Answer 1

Sir, whenever an adult male gets married to a minor girl he can be punished for a period of two years and a heavy fine is levied. This is mention under Section 10 of the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006 and is a very serious crime. In this regard, and as the police is not taking due action, it is advised that you may file a private complaint under Section 200 of the Cr.Pc. directly before a Magistrate (a court of criminal jurisdiction) who in turn would direct the police authorities to carry out an investigation and submit a report. He then would summon the defendants and issue arrest warrant of the male if they do not present themselves in court.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.