Gk Singh
in Civil Law Criminal Law
Asked September 02, 2017

Misrepresentation of facts for financial gain

  • 2 Answers

I visited aisect study centre for getting admission in bachelor degree programme. Coordinator of study centre told me about one time exam degree course (it was about getting 3 year degree in just one sitting exam ) and also told me that ignore too recognise this course. I got trapped in his dirty money making fraud trick and paid 25000 . When I get to knew this course is completely fake and contacted him he did not responded and now not replying to messages. What should I do now? I paid him from my bank a/c to his bank a/c through imps.

Answers 2

Lodge a police complaint against the accused person and his other associates for cheating, Fraud, misappropriation etc.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

The present case is that of Cheating under s. 415 and S. 420 of the Indian Penal Code and Fraud under section 17 of the Indian Contract Act. The very first step should be to lodge an FIR against him , the maximum imprisonment is of 7 years for the offence of Cheating.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.