Anita Chugh
Asked February 25, 2019

New question

  • 2 Answers

Family court passes an order for freezing of bank accounts of husband due to non-payment of maint. arrears. And if the husband acknowledges the order in the court by signing and still on the imm next working day he goes to the banks and withdraws his entire money via NEFT transferring in his brothers account (All Because the court wants us to make application for certified copies which takes time). What action can be taken against him and his brother who supports him at every stage against me. Secondly Can a wife withdraw the money deposited by the husband in the High Coirt while filing for appeal in case he doesn;t win the case. The familt court has mentioned this point in the above said order that "I MAY GET THE AMOUNT DISBURSED IN MY ACCOUNT" Is that possible ?

Answers 2

Dear Madam,

You may file a contempt petition against your husband as withdrawal was after passing Court order. Secondly you can withdraw the amount deposited in High Court if High Court judge permits specifically for withdrawal.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 2 years ago

Dear Sir,

It amounts to contempt of your Court. It appears your husband was present in the Court when the judge pronounced order freezing the accounts of your husband. You may file a application before the Family Court and ask it to initiate contempt of law proceedings against him.


For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 2 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.