Tirthi Choudhary
Asked April 19, 2019

New question

  • 2 Answers

Respected All 'committed to provide justice' lawyers of India, I am a 39 yrs old woman at present staying in Pune. I got married in Aug 2017 in a tamil brahmin family in chennai. But i had to leave this family just after 50 days of marriage. It was kind of fruad marriage which was done for money. My so called husband is a severe alcohal addict who frequently used to get admitted in de-addiction center and he and his family was in huge debts. All these things were hided from me before marriage. this family has taken approx 25 lacs of Rs from me and in those 50 days after marriage my husband frequently beaten me, continuously tortured me mentally and physically. In chennai police did not take my complaint, I want to come out of this relationship and want my hard earned money back. my husband is ready to give me divorce given i do not ask him to return my money. please suggest a solution to get justice considering my age(deadline to become a mother).

Answers 2

Do you have proof of stated money transaction? You can file suit for recovery. If police at Chennai has not taken required steps against husband and his family then you could have approached court under section 156 (3) Cr.P.C. File divorce petition against husband on available grounds. Take the help of good lawyer and proceed strategically. If required consult with details. Siddharth Shrivastav, 9811776422

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 2 years ago

File a Domestic Violence Case against your in-laws.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 2 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.