Sanjay Patil
Asked May 16, 2019

New question

  • 1 Answer

a friend of mine(20 years old) eloped with a girl whose age was 17 years and 6 month old at the age of incident she admitted in the court at the age of 19 years that accused made sexual activities with her consent what will happen in case

Answer 1

Dear Sir,

If no FIR is lodged nothing will happen. Please see the following recent judgment.



Nobody has right to interfere if two adults get married, says Supreme Court

NEW DELHI: No one, either individually or collectively, has the right to interfere in a marriage between two consenting adults, a Supreme Court bench led by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dipak Misra said on Monday.

The bench sternly told khap panchayats not to assume the role of conscience keepers of society and said courts would go by the law and not tradition and 'gotra' considerations to determine the legality of a marriage.

Senior advocate Narender Hooda, appearing for some khap panchayats, said khaps encouraged inter-caste and inter-faith marriages as they had permitted Haryanvi men to marry women from other states given the skewed sex ratio in the state.


Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act

The purpose of this Government Order is to ensure that the defined process of service delivery for the Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage

Act is followed. This would facilitate the electronic delivery of services through the instructions and guidelines as described in the following sections of the

Government order. The important components of service delivery process is being listed below –

1. Process for Registering service request for Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act

The request related to Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act can be accepted at the Common Services Centre established under

Government of India 100000 Common Service Centre (CSC) scheme under NeGP and Suwidha centers operational in the state or any other

arrangement made by Government for accepting the request, without discretion of any kind. The Government Official should now onwards accept the

service requests through electronic channel only. The applicant has option to submit a service request through any of the below mentioned procedures:


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 2 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.