Asked May 27, 2019

New question

  • 3 Answers

I am a hindu girl and got married in 2005. It was an arrange marriage. I have a brother. I have worked for two years and left job. We live in joint family with in laws and sister in law. Initially two years family members are good and understanding till I gave birth to my first child. My husband had already given me hint regarding his mom's behaviour before our marriage, and after our marriage as described by him his mom's tantrums started...she used to taunt me for every minute thing, be it any household chores or any post marriage rituals. She is very interfering and demands to be updated on every private matter and I need to follow whatever she says...her taunts are very frustrating for me..... I have discussed this with my husband, he always supported his parents.She used to care me infornt of my husband and when he goes for work she comes in her original avatar. I tried my best to adjust with her nature to maintain the peace in family but day by day it has become difficult for me. Because of her dual nature it becomes difficult to prove the situation in front of my husband and also every time I can not keep complaining about her to my husband as she is ultimately his Mother. Even my father in law and sister in law turned against me.My brother and sister in law fell in love and got married in 2009. From then it became more worse. Even my father in law and sister in law turned against me.I became slave to all who works like a machine.I used to cry every single day but I couldn't explain it to my parents as they suffer.My husband never supported me how much ever I suffered . Moreover my brother also with them.I have two sons.I have lost my father 3 years back from then it was hell.Iam not interested to be with my husband, as he is good for his parents and sister not for me.He grabbed franchise from me and gave it to his sister.I can't live with him. I have plenty of problems which I have encountered but I couldn't explain here . What should I do? What about my kids?Thanks and regards.

Answers 3

Please consult a good marriage counsellar as in your case children are involved. You can ask your husband to provide to separate accomodation to you as it might affect your health. 

If the above do not work then you can consult any lawyer or woman's organisation and file domestic violence complaint.


Agree Comment 1 Agree over 2 years ago

the situation that you have explained is quite prevalent in the Indian society  in joint families. You have protection under vrious laws of the land, including the marriage laws as well as criminal law. the said acts would coe under the purview of "cruelty".

Agree Comment 1 Agree over 2 years ago

Dear Madam,

You can file Domestic Violence case seeking following reliefs.





1. to take cognizance for the offence punishable u/s 498A IPC and punish Respondent1 to 3 as per law and extend police protection to the deponent,

 2. Pass orders u/s 19, based upon S.17, granting separate residence for herself and her three children at a monthly rent of Rs. 20,000/- and advance of Rs. 5,00,000/-.

 3. Pass orders u/s 18, in totality against Respondent1 to 3,

 4. Pass orders u/s 20(i) granting Rs.25,000/- per month as maintenance for applicant and maintenance at the rate of Rs. 5,000/- each per month to her three children.

 5. Pass orders granting Rs. 5,00,000/- for setting up house hold requirements, in granted residence, to make it livable, as the applicant cannot return to the house of Respondent1 as he is residing in the house of respondent No. 3, which is legally prohibited,

 6. Pass orders granting litigation expenses of Rs.1,00,000/- as the applicant made to wander from pillar to post for getting legal aid to attend the Hon’ble Court, whereas, the Respondent1 falsely filed Divorce Petition.

 7. The applicant also filed interim application supported by affidavit u/s 23(1) and (2) of D.V.Act,

 8. That any other order/s, this Hon’ble Court deems fit, to meet the ends of justice, be passed.


For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.


Agree Comment 1 Agree over 2 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer