Asked October 24, 2019

New question

  • 3 Answers

Can a victim who has lodged a case under POSCO now withdraw her case as she has turned 18 years of age from the court

Answers 3

It depends upon the stages of the case. If witnesses already appeared before the court , then it is not possible as per law.

But , if the victims statements not recorded , then threre is chances to withdraw the same. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 2 years ago

Dear Sir,

It all depends upon alleged sections and consent of the Court to withdraw from the prosecution and get it dropped. Normally such withdrawal will be allowed.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 2 years ago

If the charge yet to be filed, or recording the statement of the witness yet to be started then accused can file a quashing petition before hon,ble high court and in said petition victim can furnish her no objection.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 2 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.