Meenakashi Dora
Asked December 06, 2019

New question

  • 2 Answers

Is arrest possible under 498A? if yes, then how? How a girl can get justice in this case?

Answers 2

- Section 498 A is a non bailable offence, and if a husband or relatives/family of the husband are found to subject the wife to cruelty, then they will be imprisoned for a jail term of three years with a liability to fine.

- You should present your case before the court with very clearly against the husban and his family members , who subjected you with cruelty in the name of dowry , specially in the evidence. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 2 years ago


Dear Sir,

Once the husband is get arrested under Section 498A the life of both couple will be ruined and there will no chances of reconciliation .

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 2 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.