Gnanavel Vel
in Civil Law Labour Law
Asked June 13, 2017

Permanent post for handicapped person in LIC

  • 1 Answer

I am working as temporary typist in LIC from 16.11.1996 and also worked in 03/1993 to 08/1993 I am a handicapped person kindly guide me to permanent post.

Answer 1

Sir, the most primary advice that I would like to give to you is to first go through your contract of employment and see whether it lays down any clause for absorption as a permanent employee. However, for further advice, you must explain what category of employees you fall under and if you were appointed under the 1960 LIC Staff Regulation mandate under which LIC absorbed temporary employees for a short span. Further, there is a three percent quota for handicapped people in government jobs, thus to see whether you can avail that please tell the nature of your disability as well.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.