Asked March 22, 2017

Refund of money: Legal process

  • 1 Answer

On 20.03.2017 I have bought a holiday plan from Country Vacations for 05 years through my credit card on EMI. They have signed an agreement which states that the deposit is not refundable. Now I wish not to continue with the agreement and want my money back as the value / trip is quite expensive . How can it be resolved ? Please advise.

Answer 1

An agreement is entered into after careful examination of the terms and conditions. Here, you have entered into an agreement by giving your consent with Country vacations. You have also provided your assent to the terms and conditions of the contract and also have made the payments. Now, you are obligated under Contract Act to perform your contractual obligation, also if the agreement bears the clause of non-refundable then the other party is not obligated to return the amount. You may have an option to check on whether you possess the travel insurance policy, if you have one, or any such related clause in the agreement. Then, we may try to find other alternatives once you get back to us with the mentioned information.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.