Jeni E
Asked April 05, 2017

Refusal to marry

  • 2 Answers

Hello, I and my school friend was in love for past 2 yrs, initial formalities for engagement got over in June 2016, his parents told they will be coming to my home on November 20th to fix date for engagement, but they called us on November 19th and they told his family members were not interested in love marriage, they stopped everything. We gave police complaint against the boy and his parents, he didn't accept me to marry me, so we gave written format to get separated, after that also he talked with me, but he is not ready to marry me, is there any way to marry him?

Answers 2

There can be no action for breach of promise to get married. A promise by one person to marry you is not and cannot be binding on anyone; hence legally you can’t compel the boy to get married. Even if you guys get physical by mutual consent on the pretext of marriage, then also it wont be rape and he cant be forced to marry you



Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

U cant marry somebody by force if u have made physical relation than u can produce any photo or letters with him u can also complaint about boy for cheating u and not marrying but all this will make matter worse. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.