in Tax and Accounting Law
Asked October 28, 2021

Remedy for charging extra GST

  • 1 Answer

On certain products that I buy online from a retailer, I'm being charged unnecessary extra GST. If I approach the firm, they're not offering me an explanation. What should I do? Should I file a complaint?

Answer 1

The Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 has provisions to file a complaint and for punishing offenders who charge extra GST. Section 122 lists down the offences and also puts forth the punishment. Among these, there is also the offence of suppling goods and using fake invoices to obtain extra tax. You can also file complaints under the IPC for fraud. Alternatively, you can contact the government helpline and online portals.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees 3 months ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.