Ajeet Kumar
Asked November 21, 2016

Removed from service and not informed of status

  • 1 Answer

i was removed from service from a psu due to unauthorised absence and i filed a case in high court the case was dismissed but ihave recieved information after 3 years so how can i pursue this matter

Answer 1

Default avatar
Saurabh Kumar

In this case, you have the following options-


  • A binding decision of the Supreme Court/High Court can be reviewed in Review Petition. The parties aggrieved on any order of the Supreme Court/ High Court  on any apparent error can file a review petition. While a civil review petition can be moved in accordance with Order XLVII, Rule 1(1) of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 a criminal review petition can be moved only on the ground of an error apparent on the face of the record. It essentially means that you ask the same court, in your case the same High Court to set up a different bench to look into the case.
  •  If yours was a criminal case, then under Section 482 of the CrPC, which allows the high court to do anything to ensure complete justice, and under Article 226 of the constitution, you could file an affidavit and state about the inordinate delay in the intimation of the dismissal to you owing to which you could not take timely steps and fight back against the decision.
  • Under Article 137 of the Constitution, you could also file a special leave petition to the Supreme Court, in case all your review petitions are dismissed by the High Court. It is empowered under Article 32 and 142 of the Indian constitution to do complete justice and its decisions are binding on ALL other lower courts.

    Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

    Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

    Directory ads
    Need to talk to a lawyer?

    Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.