A.nagarajan Pandian
Asked November 08, 2016

Revenue Department refuses to carry out Patta Transfer

  • 1 Answer

My father got 2 acre of land under oral partition between his brothers. All of them have change the patta in their favour and my father also change the patta for his portion. after his death i applied for patta tranfer in favour of myself along with death & legal heir certiifcate , registered partition deed with my father myself and with my 2 sisters . Now Reveune department officials , after lapse of 3.5 years from the date of submission of patta transfer they refused to change the patta . kindly advise me what to do?

Answer 1

Hello Sir,

More information is required as to why mutation is denied by the officials. In general mutation is denied because some encumbrances are attached to the said property. You can institute a declaratory title suit where you can make municipality a party as to why they have denied your claim. You can also approach municipal tribunal and municipal appellate tribunal for getting a proper relief.


- Srija Choudhury, Legal Researcher, Lawfarm.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.