in Property Law
Asked November 04, 2020

Share in property legal issues

  • 2 Answers

Dear Sir, We are three brothers and one sister, If the property is on my mother name and my mother is expired on 05-06-2019. I have some issues / clashes with my father so he doesn't want to give me share in this property. Is it possible that my father can throw me out of this property else I can file a case against my father and my brothers that they are not giving me my property share. As the property is on my mother's name. Kindly explain

Answers 2

Yes it is possible that your father may not give you any share in the property. you can file a court case against your siblings and father so that the property can be in dispute before the court before it is actually transferred in favour of any party. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 1 year ago

Presuming your mother being a hindu, when a hindu female dies without executing a WILL, her estate is divided between her legal heirs i.e. her husband, sons and daughters equally. So u become the owner to the extent of 1/5 share on the date of death of your mother. So no one can take that share from you. File the suit for partition with injunction relief.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 1 year ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.