Purnima Patnaik
Asked March 01, 2017

Spelling error of nominee

  • 2 Answers

If the nominee name who is my mother has spelling mistake and we want to recover after the death of my father . What can we do please suggest some solution.

Answers 2

Now you can't do anything ,your father can do anything .

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Your mother may present a notarised affidavit claiming that she is the legal heir of your father and the intended nominee. The affidavit would serve two purposes:

1. It would act as a means whereby your mother can legally swear that she is the wife of the insured and thereby the legal nominee.

2. It would also establish that the statement or affidavit has been witnessed and attested by a notary public, substantiating the legality of the document.

For this, your mother needs to provide proof of her marriage with your father, most likely by way of marriage certificate.


Researcher: Apoorwa Iyer

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.