Hardik Rathod
Asked September 23, 2016

Sudden termination from job

  • 1 Answer

Sir, I was the sorting assistant in the department of Post. After 9 months of job i.e. Apr 2015 to Dec 2015, sudden termination came from department at the National Level. So we approached CAT for justice and the decision came into our favor. Now department filed a petition in High court where the decision was given against us. So we all are looking for supreme court where fees of advocates are very high so I want ask that if decision comes positively in our favor then whether it matters to only petitioners who filed a case or all terminated employees of all state for reinstatement? The reason for asking is to know what about those who haven't contributed in case of decision about reinstatement.

Answer 1

The Constitution of India under Article 136 vests the Supreme Court of India with a special power to grant special leave to appeal against any judgment or order or decree in any matter or cause passed or made by any Court/tribunal in the territory of India.

Any aggrieved party can file SLP against the judgment or order of refusal of grant of certificate.

Since the high court has given the judgment in favor of the government i.e. held the suspension of employees as valid and legal, the supreme court will only look into the legality of the suspension, therefore if the order comes in your favor the judgment will apply to all the suspended employees irrespective of the fact whether they are party to the suit or not.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago
  • Default avatar
    Hardik Rathod
    Thank you sir.
    Agree 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.