in Bankruptcy
Asked June 13, 2013

transfer in mid year

  • 1 Answer

Suppose a student applies for a transfer(inter university transfer) in the odd semester and is approved to join an institution but his parent university denies him permission to move out.Can the student file a complaint against this.

Answer 1

Default avatar


   Inter-uiniversity transfer should be approved by the Parent University provided :

1) One has cleared every paper in each of the semesters till date.

2) NOC from the University to which the Transfer requested College is affiliated, is compulsory.

3) Transfer will be accorded within the sanctioned Intake in the respective branch of study in the College to which Transfer is requested.

Now, if all these three conditions are fulfilled the parent institution is under an obligation to give a transfer. If the principal /dean has disapproved the transfer, then one should approach the Vice- Chancellor or Registrar of the Parent University. If, they also have denied you the transfer, then you have Article 226 of the Constitution of India to your favour. File a writ petition before the High Court of the state seeking an order of transfer be ordered in favour of you. In this case, your fundamental right is being abridged. So, you have the option of a writ petition for quashing the denial of permission.

                                             Hope, this suffices.


Swarnendu Chatterjee

Graduate Editor, Lexisnexis India.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 9 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.