Sanjay Samant
Asked April 21, 2017

Transfer of Title Deed

  • 1 Answer

a flat is owned jointly by husband and wife. having one major child and another is minor. building is under redevelopment. what documents should submit by wife to housing society as well as builder to transfer the flat on single name .

Answer 1

A document either a sale deed or a gift deed declaring the name of the current owner. Most of the societies have specific rules for registration which needs to be examined. In some societies the regulations provide that the flat will be registered in the name of the owner itslef. In such a situation the flat will have to be registered in the name of the husband and wife. Some societies allow the owners to register one of the owners to be registered as the owner as long as the said name is mentioned in the sale deed. Thereforem kinldy check with the society 

If you intend to transfer the flat from co-ownership to single ownership then either a sale deed or a gift deed needs to be exceuted transferring the property to the new owner 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.