Nisheeth Srivastava
in Banking Law Housing Law
Asked January 17, 2018

Wrongfully charging higher interest on home loans by banks

  • 1 Answer

I have a home loan with HDFC with variable interest, and despite repeated requests online, via email and social media they refuse to reduce the rate from 12.5%. It is to be noted that the prevalent rates of interest are around 8.5% pa. I'd like to legally challenge them and get them to refund the excess amount paid as interest over the last 5 years or so, as well as get them to reduce the ROI going forward. What need I do please?

Answer 1

Hi Nisheeth,

Please visit RBI  website and file your complaint against concerned Bank in Ombudsman " an official appointed to investigate individuals' complaints against a company or organization, especially a public authority". His official address is given on RBI website.


Ajit Lakhani

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.