in Civil Law
Asked July 31, 2017

Wrongfully terminated from job in January wants to file a case now

  • 2 Answers

Sir I had been wrongfully terminated from my previous employment in TCS in January 2017. I have all the proofs. However any lawyer did not take my case saying that they will not be able to win the case, others demanded Rs 10 lakh per hearing. Is there any way I can file a lawsuit against them now?

Answers 2

Legal Advice

1. Let us study the appointment letter (terms & conditions)

2. Are you permanent or temporary employee & it is necessary to scrutinise the facts & circumstances causing the termination from the employment.

3. If you are not labour & if you are manager etc. then file a civil suit for compensation by getting declaration from the court that termination order is illegal and caused you monetary loss or file a defamatory suit.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Your appointment letter will be required to ascertain the conditions of employment and also the termination letter to understand the reason for such termination. If you have breached any condition then the termination will be valid. Else you can file a case for breach of labour laws  under Industrial Disputes Act 1947 as you are a 'workman'.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.